IGFE NET 7007
Master of Science
The objective is to understand Computer Networking architectures and protocols. It includes:
- Fundamental Computer Network concepts as Protocols, Architectural Model, Layers and Protocol.
- Mechanisms for reliable data transfer;
- Overview of commonly used networking technologies and TCP/IP Architecture.
- Motivations and Problems for Computer Networking
- Architectural Model
- Layer, Protocol, Service, OSI Layers Functionalities
- Generic mechanisms (encapsulation, fragmentation, multiplexing, addressing...)
- Overview of TCP/IP Architecture
- Data Transfer Protocols
- Reliability, Flow Control, Switching
- Illustration with HDLC, IP and X25, TCP.
- Common technologies (Overview of TCP/IP Applications, Focus on LDAP Directory, DNS, IPv6)
- No continuous exam
- Written examination of approx. 2h