IGFE NET 7003
Master of Science
This course addresses technological and architectural evolutions of wireless access networks (cellular): from 2G to 5G.
The course emphasis on radio access principals (allocation and sharing), performances, control and management.
Capacity and Quality of Service will be analyzed for the different technological solutions, considering the context of user mobility and the rising applications including IoT.
Limitations of existing solutions are discussed, leading to understand future requirements and the main evolutions toward 5G.
The course is organized as follow:
- Cellular concept, 2G and 3G cellular networks.
- 4G networks OFMDA
- Challenges and requirements of emerging applications
- Limitations of existing networks
- Trends for 5G networks: cooperation, centralized architectures, cloud based radio access
- Modeling and Performance evaluation
Written test and personal project.