IGSE IMA 7001
Master of Science
- To carry out a bibliographical study on more advanced statistical techniques than those studied in MAT7007 and IMA4511 in order to improve the research work started in the Scientific Project (IMA7505).
- To do oral presentations of the bibliography carried out.
- The student will be evaluated in terms of the understanding of such techniques and on their proposals for exploiting them on the specific context of their Scientific Project, during oral presentations and also via the associated written report.
- The course “Application of Statistical Methods” (MAT7007)
- Kernel Methods & Support Vector Machines
- Decision Trees
- Random Forests
- Advanced Clustering Algorithms (graph based, sequence clustering, etc.)
- Conditional Random Fields vs. Hidden Markov Models
Evaluation is based on a report and an oral presentation.