IGFE NET 7346
Part I (Theory)
1. Introduction to Wireless communications and Internet of Things
2. Example of connected things
3. Physical networks: WPAN, WLAN, WMAN and WRAN
4. Long Range Networks: LoRa SigFox
5. WiFi, Bluetooth, Zegbee, RFID, 6LowPAN
6. Device2Device Networks and multihop networks
7. Operated Networks: GSM to 5G; LTE-M and LTE IoT
8. Cloud and Fog Networking for IoT
9. Platforms for IoT
10. Use cases of IoT
11. Security and Green aspects of the IoT
Part II (reading articles and presentation)
It consists of selecting articles related to the Wireless technologies and IoT, working on the articles and then providing presentation to audience.
Wireless networks and Internet of Things represent one of the major elements of our life in the next decades. Humans, Robots, Drones, vehicles and all type of things are going to be connected through wireless connections to a global Internet that we call the Internet of Things.
The objectives is offer to students a complete and detailed landscape on the different protocols and technologies that will be used to realize the new system in which we are going to evolve.
TCP/IP, Wireless communications
1) Presentation of research article – 2) Final Examination