IGFE CSC 7437
Master of Science
The emphasis is on development of a prototype system in which software has a significant role. The software must be developed following a continuous integration approach based on agile development methods. The teams (made up of students located around the world) will be expected to deliver working software (to a real client) in a sequence of weekly sprints.
Each team member must be able to program competently in a high-level programming language. They must also know the fundamentals of software engineering, including all aspects of the software life-cycle.
The following learning objectives will form the basis of the evaluation –
1) Team work in a global context (using appropriate planning, communication and management tools)
2) Use of an industrial-strength version control system
3) Use of an industrial-strength continuous integration platform-service for agile development
4) Quality-assurance on delivered work
5) Interaction with an industrial client
The final mark will be calculated from:
• Continual delivery of work (50%)
• Engineering log journal (20%)
• Participation in global learning lab.s (20%)
• Presentation/Soutenance (10%)
Project Based Learning and Hybrid learning