IGFF NET 5019
- To be able to ensure IP multimedia services session establishment and control. Multimedia services include VoIP, ToIP, Push To Talk, PTT, Presence, Instant Messaging, Conferencing, and Gaming
- To acquire sufficient knowledge to address service invocation and services interactions
- To acquire in depth knowledge of interfaces between the access networks, the core network, the service architecture (especially IMS) and the application servers
- To have cumulated sufficient knowledge to engage in the definition, specification and design and introduction of new multimedia services in current and future generation service architectures once joining the industry (manufacturers, providers) and research and development centres.
- Knowledge on signalling and control protocols and procedures in fixed or wireless networks (Cf. NET4508 & NET5011 at TELECOM SudParis)
Core network, SIP, IMS, NGN, IN, P2P, standardisation
- Core Network
- UMTS Core Network
- GRX concept
- IP adressing issues in mobile networks
- IP and QoS (including Policy Enforcement).
- WLAN in UMTS network.
- Interworking circuit/packet
- SIP and Voice over IP
- Voice over IP, IETF standardisation, Session Initiation Protocol
- SIGTRAN protocol, SCTP, M3UA, procedures
- Services architectures
- Intelligent Network and CAMEL
- IN principles, CAMEL
- services examples, integration and service deployments
- IN service conception
- Mobile Number Portabilty
- Architecture and procedures without MNP
- MNP description and network impact,
- Network operator relationships (fixed / mobile)
- UMTS Standardisation at 3GPP
- Standardisation process and main functionalities standardised until Release 7
- UMTS core network and IP Multimedia Subsystem
- Evolution towards UMTS. NGN architectures.
- UMTS standardisation at 3GPP.
- IP Multimedia Subsystem et Architecture NGN
- Introduction to TISPAN.
- Mobile Virtual Network Operators
- MVNO telecom architecture
- MVNO market
La validation de cette UV est basée sur la rédaction d’un rapport écrit (E1) relatif aux travaux de simulations et remise d'un rapport final du bureau d’étude de cas et sur un examen final (C1).
Note finale = Moyenne (C1, E1)
Written exam (WE)
Final grade = WE
- Recommendations (3GPP, ITU-T, ETSI, IETF) on ISUP, MAP, SIP, Architecture UMTS
- Recommendations on INAP CS1, CAMEL, SIP, IP Multimedia CN Subsystem
- www.3gpp.org, www.ietf.org